Today’s Interview is with the wonderfully talented Natasha Renee. I have worked with Natasha and I loved her work. She has a wonderful personality which I believe is key when working with someone.
Thank You Natasha for taking time out to answer my questions.
1) How long have you been a Makeup Artist?
Ive been doing makeup going on 13 years now.
2) Tell me what inspired you to become a makeup artist?
I was brought into makeup artistry when I started modeling. Once showed how to do our own makeup and saw my own transformation I knew I can achieve success at this.
3) What do you like most about being a makeup artist?
I love the fact I can bring out confidence if it was lost, if a surgical procedure left a flaw and the client isnt happy with it I can fix it and show them how to achieve the same results. I love the fact I always leave them with a smile on their face and that always brightens my day and I know I have reached my goal at peoples’ happiness.
4) What is your least favorite part of being a makeup artist?
My least favorite part is when I have to leave the client and they are still beaming. You get attached to each person and have a bond for life especially if it is a time in their life to remember (prom,wedding,etc)
5) Where do you see your career going?
I can see my career only growing more. Im open to learning new techniques, accepting changes in fashion and adapting.
6) Have you ever thought about doing a workshop?
I do teach classes whether one-on- one or group sessions. I love showing people what I know, where some people don’t want to teach their trade secrets. Im definitely not that person.
7) What advice would you give to those who want to become a makeup artist?
Follow your dreams. This is a career and not a hobby, so it takes time and money to be one of the best. Creativity and interpersonal skills is a must.
8) Who would be your dream person to make up?
I was saddened of Lena Hornes’ death. She was my dream idol.
9) What was your most creative shoot?
I was called to do a music video and had to make all the dancers look like robots by using silver bodypaint. To see the finished product on BET brought tears to my eyes.
10) What magazine is your dream to work with?
I am a fan of all the magazines whether locally or world wide, so any one that would love to be graced by my creativity.
11) Any favorite time period that inspires you?
I am inspired by the late 60s early 70s, the Marilyn Monroe and Julie Newmar pin-up girl looks.
12) Do you think makeup artist should go to school to learn?
No, if you can find a makeup artist to shadow under you will learn the techniques that the schools will not teach.
13) What’s your trade beauty tip?
Don’t be afraid to use color whether it be eyeshadow or lipcolor and use eyelashes everyday, they are addictive and make your eyes pop.
14) What might we find in your makeup kit?
In my makeup kit you will find makeup brands from your neighborhood stores to the high end retailer brands. The result is the same it is the technique that is used that differs.
15) Do you have any favorite photographers and which one would you most want to work with?
Well you of course and I a photographer in Hanover,Md (Kevin Johnson) that I recommend to anyone in the Maryland area. I don’t have one that I most want to work with as long as I am given a chance.
16) Are you multitalented (doing more than just makeup)?
Yes I also do hair, nails and a esthetician.
17) What is the one thing a makeup artist should always have in their kit?
Moisturizer is the key essential to the start of a flawless face.
18) Anything else we should know about you?
No, I think if I’m given the opportunity to work with anyone my best is brought out and a lasting impression is left in my heart which pushes me to learn and do more. Thank you for this opportunity and I am truly honored to be apart of your site. smooches
You Are Quite Welcome Natasha :)
If you wish to contact Natasha, you can reach her at email@example.com